Stopover policies in SZ

From: Yantian District Government Online | Updated: 2018-12-14

While in China, please take your passport or residence permit with you at all times in case of apolice inspection.

During the time you are staying in Shenzhen, if you decide to stay at a hotel, the law stipulates you must check in and register at the hotel's reception desk. However,if you choose to live in your friends'or relatives home, or to rent or buy a house, within 24 hours of arriving,you must go to the police station to apply for temporary residence.

Alternatively, you may also choose to apply for residence via WeChat by scanning a QR code. Temporary residence registration is an essential document in order to apply for or extend avisa, and to handle important matters such as getting a driver'slicense, marriage, employment,study, etc. You or the homeownermust go to the local public security office to register for temporary residence. If you haven't completed the registration correctly, you will receive a warning and may be fined up to 2, 000 RMB.